In the very beginning of this century, very little maintenance was executed in the gardens. Rubbish lying or floating everywhere. Television antenna is erected between the ponds. Soap is used in the swimming pools. Beautiful, large trees have been cut for unclear reasons. Electrical poles spoiling the view. Ugly statutes erected. No water is pouring from the fountain tower and from many of the fountain sculptures.
Even in the deteriorating
state of the water gardens as described above, some visitors still mention
Tirtagangga as the best spot in
This masterplan intends to restore this significant value. It consists of planning for the gardens, sculptures, facilities, buildings, lighting, waste disposal and so on. It shows the progress of the completion and outlines the conditions to ensure the joy and holiness of Tirtagangga in the new century.
The masterplan intends to achieve the following results:
* Classical style of gardens, sculptures and buildings in harmony with each other
* Classical architectural style of Karangasem
* Contributing to the development of the area by employing artists, skilled workers, labourers and the use of natural and building materials from the region of Karangasem
* High artistic value
* Lifelike sculptures
* Large gold fishes swim again in the ponds as before
* Gardens without barbed wire
* Full of flowers and butterflies
* Respected by everyone as a physically and spiritually clean place
* A pleasant place during day and night
* No soap at the pools, only at the pancoran's (bathing places)
* No fishing, bird shooting, butterflies collecting etc.
* No cutting of trees, collecting of flowers, water plants etc.
* No selling or offering massage-, guide- and other services unless it belongs to the facilities of the gardens
* No yelling or otherwise disturbing visitors
* No throwing of rubbish except in the waste disposal containers
* No visible permanent modern equipment, like electricity poles, television antenna, phone cables etc.
* No motorcycling in the gardens.
* Visitors should look for them self carefully during the visit. The management is not responsible for losses, injuries or accidents within the gardens.
* Differentiation of entrance fee as follows:
- Foreign and domestic tourist: normal price
- Local people from the surrounding village's Tirtagangga, Ababi andTemega, Royal family members including their guests, participant during religious ceremony inside the gardens: free of charge
* May be used for non-commercial artistic, cultural, social, spiritual, charity or environmental events with the following conditions:
- The event is beforehand approved by the management
- The event-organiser is responsible for all costs, damages and accidents caused by the event
- The event-organiser donates for the restoration and maintenance of the gardens, which amount will be agreed before the event.
Long term income possibilities
* Rental of space for exhibition, meetings, courses, conferences, parties etc.
* Traditional art performances and practises
* Permanent exhibition of
the history of the kingdom of Karangasem and
* Meditation centre
* Contribution from restaurants, guest houses and other facilities in and outside the gardens
* Guide services
* Body care and massage services
* Limited production of natural drinking water
* Breeding of golden fishes
* Traditional boat hiring